Invitial is a growing software development and consultancy company, specialising in PHP development working with customers ranging in size from small to enterprise. We are looking for a PHP developer to join us, with proven experience working within a full stack environment from infrastructure through to front-end. Someone who has a good grasp of the SOLID principles and is willing to continue to grow themselves with the team.
As we continue to build our team, we want someone reliable and enthusiastic to join us long-term and help us push forward our business. The position will be mostly remote-working with occasional onsite company and client meetings. The role will be focused primarily on a large project for one of our biggest enterprise customers, including implementing new modules and features as well as supporting existing production code.
- All stages of the software development life-cycle: planning, development, implementation, testing, documenting, deployment and maintenance.
- Work closely with the other team members to collaborate on project work.
- Write high quality, unit-testable code.
- Experience with PHP MVC frameworks.
- Demonstrable understanding and use of design patterns.
- TDD/BDD (PHPUnit, PHPSpec, Behat).
- Database technologies, with a high competence in SQL.
- Version control with Git or SVN.
- Experience with Docker and Vagrant.
- Experience with continuous integration and/or continuous delivery.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or other cloud service providers.
- Experience with other programming languages.
- Working knowledge and use of security best practices.
- Telecoms/networking experience would be a great nice-to-have.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of four years PHP development experience.
- Communication skills
- Team work
- Problem solving
- Initiative and innovation
- Attention to detail
- Personal organisation